In order to compare the position of the Government and the EZLN towards the topics of nationalism and globalisation, the following texts have been submitted to analysis.
- The First Informe de Gobierno de Carlos Salinas de Gortari (1 December 1989) in which he defines the call for change.
- The Third Informe de Gobierno of Carlos Salinas de Gortari (1 December 1991) in which he announces the implementation of NAFTA and defines the nationalist character of the project.
I will use Roman numbers I and III to refer to these respective discourses; (I,22) implies: First informe, line 22.
- The First Declaration of the Selva Lacandona in which they call for armed struggle.
- The Second Declaration of the Selva Lacandona in which they call for the CND (National Democratic Convention).
- The Third Declaration of the Selva lacandona in which they call for the Free National Movement.
- The Fourth Declaration of the Selva Lacandona in which they call for the Frente Zapatista de Liberación Nacional
(FZLN) and define their stand on pluricultural, integrated nationalism.
I will use numbers 1-4 to refer to these respective discourses and the page number; (2,35) means
Second Declaration, page 35. See the appendix of this article for further references.
Índice general I Siguiente
Volumen 22 (2005)